Work with University of Idaho Extension afterschool coordinator and community partners to implement an afterschool program. Implement the 4-H Youth Development program within the afterschool program. Provide a safe, caring and enriching afterschool environment.
The position is located at Farmway Village Community Center, 5 miles northwest of Caldwell.
Note: This position has hours between 3:00-6:30p.m., Monday through Friday, starting August 14, but not to exceed 14 hours per week through May, 2014 and continuing in September 2014 through April 2015. Hours may vary depending on the afterschool program schedule. The Extension Educator will determine weekly hours. Continuation of the position is based on availability of grant funding.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (% of Time, Essential/Marginal)
Assist the Extension Education and Afterschool Coordinator run the afterschool program by: (95%, E)
· Report directly to afterschool coordinator and Extension Educator.
· Assisting/leading activities with the children.
· Work with parents to ensure safety and comfort of children in the afterschool program.
· Work with community partners to build support for after school program.
· Assist in maintaining enrollment data and complete reports on time as determined by Extension Educator and Idaho 4-H.
· Assist in conducting surveys and other evaluation methods as directed by evaluator
· Participate in meetings and trainings as related to program.
Contribute to team effort by: (5%, M)
Contributing to team as directed; accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Experience: Working with youth programs or afterschool programs; working with individuals from varying cultural and/or socio-economic backgrounds; working with volunteers
Ability to: Use word processing program and basic knowledge of Excel, and graphic design software (Publisher, Photoshop, paint, Photo Editor, etc.); multi-task and meet deadlines; maintain confidentiality; ability to work cooperatively with others
Requires: Food Safety training and First aid and CPR certifications within 8 weeks of hire.
Must be bi-lingual/bi-cultural. (Must have ability to read, write and speak in Spanish.)
**Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and/or driving investigation.**
Experience: with 4-H Youth Development
Basic knowledge/experience: in the areas of healthy living, visual art and cultural education.
Knowledge of: computers and educational software; how to set-up and maintain computer lab.
Education: College course work in child/youth development and/or education
Possess: Familiarity with and/or interest in community