This position will start working August 24, 2013.
One Student Media Coordinators will be hired from this search.
Hours worked will be 15-20 depending on event schedule;
10% of hours will be evenings and weekends, 90% of hours will be 8:00-5:00.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Involvement
Student Coordinators are responsible for the general administration, development, promotion and implementation of programs hosted by the Department of Student Involvement. Student coordinators are responsible for providing resources and assistance that help to make the University of Idaho a rich and vibrant campus by providing programs and support for over 170 student organizations, orchestrating multiple volunteer programs and organizing campus wide leadership and entertainment opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES Record and photograph Departmental events by: E 65%
· Utilizing equipment and related software.
· Recording, editing, and posting video and/or photo content onto the web.
· Utilizing video shooting and editing skills to assist in promoting the Department of Student Involvements programs and services.
· Work with graphic design coordinators and professional staff to define project focus and coordinate project time lines.
· Willingness to learn additional video software.
Provide support for Department of Student Involvement events, staff & students by: E20%
· Participate in one-on-one meetings with supervisor and bi-monthly student coordinator meetings
· Communicate effectively with students, faculty and staffProvide customer services by: E 10%
· Maintain great customer service to all clients Contribute to team efforts by: M 5%
· Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to: be a creative, self-starter who works independently, communicate professionally in writing and verbally; organize paperwork and materials for events
· Willingness to: be trained as a web author within the University’s web content management system SiteCore; work evenings, after regular business hours and weekends on scheduled programs
· Some knowledge of: Department of Student Involvement programs
· Demonstrated ability to: use current software such as Microsoft Office suite; Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; utilize the Macintosh platform including but not limited to imovie; work well with students, faculty, staff and guests
· Experience: in video production and photography; providing excellent customer service
· Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA at or above 2.5 at the University of Idaho and be in good academic standing
· Clear understanding and properly followed University of Idaho Student Code of Conduct
"The final candidate is subject to the successful completion of a background check.
· Experience in: serving as a student leader working in an office environment
· Experience in: professional photography; creation of promotional material
· Good knowledge and understanding of University of Idaho’s academic settings and student engagement/activities
· Demonstrate ability: to use social media to communicate with students
· Education: one or more years of college