This position will start working August 24, 2013.
Two Student Outreach Coordinators will be hired from this search.
Hours worked will be 15-20 depending on event schedule;
20% of hours will be evenings and weekends, 80% of hours will be 8:00-5:00.
This position reports to the Volunteer Center Program Coordinator
Student Coordinators are responsible for the general administration, development, promotion and implementation of programs hosted by the Department of Student Involvement. Student coordinators are responsible for providing resources and assistance that help to make the University of Idaho a rich and vibrant campus by providing programs and support for over 170 student organizations, orchestrating multiple volunteer programs and organizing campus wide leadership and entertainment opportunities.
Work with local community partners to coordinate relationships and programs that engage UI students in the community by: E 65%
• Serve as liaison between the Center for Volunteerism and Social Action, U-Idaho students and our community partners.
• Visiting sites; assessing agencies’ volunteer needs, maintaining regular contact with the agencies, recruiting new community partners for student volunteers.
• Maintain and update the OrgSync volunteer database by connecting students to these opportunities by maintaining the online volunteer database.
• Program planning and execution for Volunteer Center events; (planning, recruiting, budgeting, marketing, executing, assessing) of the following programs: Saturday of Service, Make a Difference Day, Blood Drives, Vandal Community Tables, Service Fair, First Year Build, MLK Day of Service, 9/11 Day of Service and the UI Food Pantry.
Provide support for Department of Student Involvement events, staff & students by: E 20%
• Participate in , one-on-one meetings with the supervisor and bi-monthly student coordinator meetings
• Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff
Provide customer services by: E 10%
• Maintain great customer service to all clients
Contribute to team efforts by: M 5%
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to: communicate professionally in writing and verbally; organize paperwork and materials for events
• Willingness to: be trained as a web author within the University’s web content management system SiteCore; work evenings, after regular business hours and weekends on scheduled programs
• Some knowledge of: Department of Student Involvement programs
• Demonstrated ability to: use current software such as Microsoft Office Suite; work well with students, faculty, staff, and guests
• Experience: providing excellent customer service
• Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA at or above 2.5 at the University of Idaho and be in good academic standing
• Clear understanding and properly followed University of Idaho Student Code of Conduct
• Experience in: serving as a student leader working in an office environment
• Experience in: designing and/or implementing an event or program
• Good knowledge and understanding of University of Idaho’s academic settings and student engagement/activities
• Demonstrate ability: to use social media to communicate with students
• Education: one or more years of college