This position will start working August 24, 2013.
Two Student Involvement Coordinators will be hired from this search.
Hours worked will be 15-20 depending on event schedule;
20% of hours will be evenings and weekends, 80% of hours will be 8:00-5:00.
This position will report to the Student Involvement Program Coordinator.
Student Coordinators are responsible for the general administration, development, promotion and implementation of programs hosted by the Department of Student Involvement. Student coordinators are responsible for providing resources and assistance that help to make the University of Idaho a rich and vibrant campus by providing programs and support for over 170 student organizations, orchestrating multiple volunteer programs and organizing campus wide leadership and entertainment opportunities.
Oversee and execute leadership programming and support registered student organizations for UI students by: 65% E
· Support student organization operations and trainings.
· Plan, implement, and evaluate student leadership programs, including leadership workshops, campus-wide leadership conferences and other leadership educational opportunities for students.
· Assist student organizations in; the registration educational workshops and organize student involvement fairs.
· Maintain and utilize the online group management database, OrgSync.
· Provide guidance to student organizations and their advisors.
Provide support for Department of Student Involvement events, staff & students by: 20% E
· Participate in w, one-on-one meetings with the supervisor and bi-monthly student coordinator meetings.
· Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
Provide customer support by: 10% E
· Maintain great customer service to all clients
Contribute to team efforts by: 5% M
· Perform other duties as assignedMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Ability to: communicate professionally in writing and verbally; organize paperwork and materials for events
· Willingness to: be trained as a web author within the University’s web content management system SiteCore; work evenings, after regular business hours and weekends on scheduled programs
· Some knowledge of: Department of Student Involvement programs
· Demonstrated ability to: use current software such as Microsoft Office Suite; work well with students, faculty, staff, and guests
· Experience: providing excellent customer service
· Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA at or above 2.5 at the University of Idaho and be in good academic standing
· Clear understanding and properly followed University of Idaho Student Code of Conduct
** The final candidate is subject to successful completion of a background check.
· Experience in: serving as a student leader working in an office environment
· Experience in: designing and/or implementing an event or program
· Good knowledge and understanding of University of Idaho’s academic settings and student engagement/activities
· Demonstrate ability: to use social media to communicate with students
· Education: one or more years of college