This position will start working August 24, 2013.
Two Student Graphic Design Coordinators will be hired from this search.
Hours worked will be 15-20 depending on event schedule;
10% of hours will be evenings and weekends, 90% of hours will be 8:00-5:00.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Involvement
Student Coordinators are responsible for the general administration, development, promotion and implementation of programs hosted by the Department of Student Involvement. Student coordinators are responsible for providing resources and assistance that help to make the University of Idaho a rich and vibrant campus by providing programs and support for over 170 student organizations, orchestrating multiple volunteer programs and organizing campus wide leadership and entertainment opportunities.
These positions provide practical experience to students interested in pursuing graphic design as a career or hobby.
Design print and web materials for Department of Student Involvement, ASUI, and student organizations by: 60% E
· Graphic Designers receive design requests from other student coordinators, professional staff, and student government
· Design products produced for the promotion of events,
· Design work will include, but is not limited to, promotional posters, banners, logos, website images, t-shirts, and brochures.
Provide support for Department of Student Involvement events, staff & students by: 35%
· Participate in one-on-one meetings with the supervisor and bi-monthly student coordinator meetings
· Provide quality customer service
· Support large events hosted by the Department of Student Involvement
· Provide support for other student coordinators
Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff by: 10% E
· Maintain great customer service to all clients
Contribute to team efforts by: 5% M
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Ability to: communicate professionally in writing and verbally; organize paperwork and materials for events
· Willingness to: be trained as a web author within the University’s web content management system SiteCore; work evenings, after regular business hours and weekends on scheduled programs
· Some knowledge of: Department of Student Involvement programs
· Demonstrated ability to: use current software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; utilize the Macintosh platform; work well with students, faculty, staff and guests
· Experience: providing excellent customer service
· Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA at or above 2.5 at the University of Idaho and be in good academic standing
· Clear understanding and properly followed University of Idaho Student Code of Conduct
*Final Candidate is subject to a successful completion of background check.
**D DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Experience in: serving as a student leader working in an office environment
· Experience in: creating promotional materials,
· Good knowledge and understanding of University of Idaho’s academic settings and student engagement/activities
· Demonstrate ability: to use social media to communicate with students; to respond effectively to client feedback
· Education: one or more years of college