This position will start working August 24, 2013.
Three Student ASB Coordinators will be hired from this search.
Hours worked will be 15-20 depending on event schedule;
20% of hours will be evenings and weekends, 80% of hours will be 8:00-5:00.
This position reports to the Volunteer Center Program Coordinator
Student Coordinators are responsible for the general administration, development, promotion, and implementation of programs hosted by the Department of Student Involvement. Student coordinators are responsible for providing resources and assistance that help to make the University of Idaho a rich and vibrant campus by providing programs and support for over 170 student organizations, orchestrating multiple volunteer programs and organizing campus wide leadership and entertainment opportunities. Past experience as a participant with Alternative Service Break or with a similar activity involving volunteer work, educational components, and travel is strongly preferred, but not required.
RESPONSIBILITIES Plan, market and implement community service trips during the winter, spring (and occasionally summer) breaks by: E 65%
· Plan, market, and implement extended (international and domestic) service experiences in the fall and multi-site domestic volunteer experiences in the spring.
· Assist in all aspects of program development, implementation, marketing and evaluation of these experiences.
· Planning the multi-faceted social justice based curriculum for pre-ASB meetings and trainings for participants, leaders, and advisers.
· Oversee all training and assessment associated with ASB.
Provide support for Department of Student Involvement events, staff & students by: E20%
· Participate in, one-on-one meetings with supervisor and bi-monthly student coordinator meetings.
· Communicate effectively with program partners, students, faculty, and staff
Provide customer services by: E 10%
· Maintain great customer service to all clients
Contribute to team efforts by: M 5%
· Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to: communicate professionally in writing and verbally; organize paperwork and materials for events; learn new systems
Willingness to: be trained as a web author within the University’s web content management system SiteCore; work evenings, after regular business hours and weekends on scheduled programs
· Some knowledge of: Department of Student Involvement programs
· Demonstrated ability to: use current software such as Microsoft Office Suite; work well with students, faculty, staff, and guests
· Experience: providing excellent customer service
· Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA at or above 2.5 at the University of Idaho and be in good academic standing
· Clear understanding and properly followed University of Idaho Student Code of Conduct
*The final candidate is subject to successful completion of a background check.
Experience in: serving as a student leader working in an office environment
· Experience in: designing and/or implementing an event or program
· Good knowledge and understanding of University of Idaho’s academic settings and student engagement/activities
· Demonstrate ability: to use social media to communicate with students
· Education: one or more years of college