This position will start working August 24, 2013.
One Student Daytime Coordinator will be hired from this search.
Hours worked will be 15-20 depending on event schedule; 10% of hours will be evenings and weekends, 90% of hours will be 8:00-5:00. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Involvement MAJOR FUNCTIONStudent Programming Coordinators are responsible for the general administration, development, promotion and implementation of programs hosted by the Department of Student Involvement. Student coordinators are responsible for providing resources and assistance that help to make the University of Idaho a rich and vibrant campus by providing programs and support for over 170 student organizations, orchestrating multiple volunteer programs and organizing campus wide leadership and entertainment opportunities. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Student Involvement.
Plan and execute daytime programs/events by: E 65%
· Develop and manage a department ambassador group.
· Design and implement weekly Idaho Commons and Student Union programs, including but not limited to researching and booking talent for Daytime Distractions,
· Coordinating with Idaho Commons and Student Union staff (ISCU) for event set-up and promotion.
Provide support for Department of Student Involvement events, staff & students by: E 20%
· Participate in one-on-one meetings with supervisor and bi-monthly student coordinator meetings
· Communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and public
Provide customer services by: E 10%
· Maintain great customer service to all clients
Contribute to team efforts by: M 5%
· Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to: communicate professionally in writing and verbally; organize paperwork and materials for events
· Willingness to: be trained as a web author within the University’s web content management system SiteCore; work evenings, after regular business hours and weekends on scheduled programs
· Some knowledge of: Department of Student Involvement programs
· Demonstrated ability to: use current software such as Microsoft Office Suite; work well with students, faculty, staff, and guests
· Experience: providing excellent customer service
· Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA at or above 2.5 at the University of Idaho and be in good academic standing
· Clear understanding and properly followed University of Idaho Student Code of Conduct
*The final candidate is subject to successful completion of a background check.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in: serving as a student leader working in an office environment
· Experience in: designing and/or implementing an event or program
· Good knowledge and understanding of University of Idaho’s academic settings and student engagement/activities
· Demonstrate ability: to use social media to communicate with students
· Education: one or more years of college