This position work May 20-August 24, 2013.
Three Student Summer Coordinators will be hired from this search.
Hours worked will be 15-20 depending on event schedule;
10% of hours will be evenings and weekends, 90% of hours will be 7:30-4:30
This position reports to the Director of Student Involvement
Student Coordinators are responsible for the general administration, development, promotion and implementation of programs hosted by the Department of Student Involvement. Student coordinators are responsible for providing resources and assistance that help to make the University of Idaho a rich and vibrant campus by providing programs and support for over 170 student organizations, orchestrating multiple volunteer programs and organizing campus wide leadership and entertainment opportunities.
These positions work approximately 20 hours per week.
Primary responsibilities include
Plan and staff summer departmental events by: 60% E
· Summer programming such as the summer movie and concert series, planning and implementing all aspects of Palousafest,
· Work with community partners to arrange service events and Palousafest
· Serving Your New Community (SYNC)Assist staff in preparation for fall programming events,
· Update websites and promotional materials.
Provide support for Department of Student Involvement events, staff & students by: 25% E
· Providing general office duties and desk coverage,
· Attend staff and department meetings,
· Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
Provide Customer Support by: 10% E
· Maintain great customer service to all clients
Contribute to team efforts by: 5% M
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Ability to: communicate professionally in writing and verbally; organize paperwork and materials for events; organize and prioritize multiple projects; work independently and with a group
· Willingness to: be trained as a web author within the University’s web content management system SiteCore; work evenings, after regular business hours and weekends on scheduled programs.
· Some knowledge of: Department of Student Involvement programs
· Demonstrated ability to: use current software such as Microsoft Office Suite; work well with students, faculty, staff, and guests
· Experience: providing excellent customer service
· Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA at or above 2.5 at the University of Idaho and be in good academic standing
· Clear understanding and properly followed University of Idaho Student Code of Conduct
** The final candidate is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check
· Experience in: serving as a student leader working in an office environment
· Experience in: designing and/or implementing an event or program
· Good knowledge and understanding of University of Idaho’s academic settings and student engagements/activities
· Demonstrate ability: to be a creative, self-starter; to use social media to communicate with students
· Education: one or more years of college