This full-time position, under the general direction of the Associate Director-Events, plans, and coordinates programs and events, on and off campus, that support the mission of the University of Idaho Alumni Association; key programs include Homecoming, and Tradition Keepers; is responsible for supervision of the Student Alumni Relations Board (SArb) and Homecoming Committee at the University of Idaho. This includes maintaining SArb activities including: Vandal Walk, Dadsí Weekend, Momsí Weekend Silver and Gold Day,Official Game Day T-shirt Contest, Alumni and Friends Easter Egg Hunt; directing Homecoming student-related events; and, overseeing general student engagement in alumni programs and events. This position also coordinates the Alumni Awards for Excellence program.
Responsibility (%of Time, Essential/Marginal)
Under the general oversight of the Associate Director-Events:Supervises the Student Alumni Relations Board and the Homecoming Committee by: (70%, E)
Oversightof Momsí and Dadsí Weekends and Tradition Keepers by: (10%, E)
- Maintaining vision, guidelines and policies for the Student Alumni Relations Board and Homecoming Committee as developed by the volunteers and Associate Director
- Meeting with and planning with the Student Alumni Relations Board (SArb) and Homecoming Committee and their officers and committee chairs;
- Updating event handbooks and procedures
- Facilitating formal SArb meetings every other week and SArb executive board meetings on the off weeks
- Facilitating formal Homecoming Committee meetings on a regular basis;
- Coordinating SArb volunteers at on-campus, local, in-state and out-of-state events
- Supervising trackingof SArb RSVP lists
- Coordinating the managementof all invitations, orders, registration, and large mailings as well as maintaining a dialogue with the Associate Director-Events concerning the planning process
- Accompanying students to conferences and events and is the staff person accountable for student conduct and safety
- Provide feedback for possible changes
- Engaging students through networking opportunities
- Including students in alumni programs and events held on campus
- Providing student names to alumni volunteers as potential speakers and representatives
- Overseeing mailings, mass e-mails, assembly of materials, etc.
- Coordinating the printing and mailing of invitations and announcements including invitation text
- Preparing and mailing confirmations
- Maintaining event files
- Preparing and submitting event evaluations
Coordinate and implement Alumni Awards for Excellence Program by: (15%, E)
Assists AlumniOffice by: (5%, M)
- Coordinate efforts for the promotion, submission and ranking of nominations for the annual Awards for Excellence awards program
- Facilitate the communication between award recipients and their inspirational mentors of Awards for Excellence after review by judges
- Coordinate recognition banquet planning
- Coordinate printed materials for nominations and evaluations
- Track budgets associated with this event
- Maintain files
- Provide feedback for possible program changes
- Attending educational workshops and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelorís Degree in related field PLUS one year of experience in a related field OR combinationof education and experience totaling 5 years.
Knowledgeof: computer operation and software programs.
Experience with: techniques and procedures used in program development; e.g. budgeting, planning, managing, coordinating, administering, and providing record keeping.
Ability to:promote activities using skills such as writing, advertising and design; perform and lead others in program related activities; communicate effectively; supervise others in program initiation, administration, and evaluation; prepare reports; serve as a liaison with other departments and institutions; organize details of events; manage a variety of projects simultaneously
Ability to: travel, work weekends, after regular business hours and holidays.
Must: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.*
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledgeof: Local, state, and federal laws relating to the program/project area; computer operation and software programs; program planning and implementation; conducting independent research; designing and conducting training programs; and providing liaison with customer/provider groups;of the University of Idaho and state of Idaho; University of Idaho students and traditions.
Experience: Developing; recommending, and evaluating program procedures and recommending changes; developing technical written materials such as policies, technical manuals or rules/regulations; providing technical program assistance to staff; gathering, assembling, correlating, and analyzing facts; devising solutions to problems; writing concise reports, and developing and evaluating policies and procedures; in public relations, marketing or related field; volunteer recruitment, coordination, and training; advancement areas of an institution of higher education; Banner, preferably in the Alumni and Student modules.
Ability: To use data base management software
Knowledge and understanding: Of the structure and chainof responsibilities within a university