AREA EXTENSION EDUCATOR
Cereals Cropping Systems
NOTE: CORRECTED ADVERTISMENT, APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified applicants has been identified, but not earlier than June 8, 2012. If you have started an application, you may complete and submit it during this time. If you have already completed and submitted your application, no action is needed, however you do have the ability to make revisions.
The University of Idaho Cooperative Extension System is seeking applicants for a tenure track Area Extension Educator, Assistant /Associate Professor position in cereal cropping systems. The position is located in Nez Perce County and will be housed in Lewiston, Idaho; it will serve the five-county north central Idaho area.
The Extension Educator will work closely with the small grains cropping systems team in northern Idaho and will conduct educational programming and applied research in Nez Perce and surrounding north central Idaho counties. The Extension Educator will provide leadership for the identification, assessment, coordination and delivery of crop production programs related to crop and pest management, soil science, IPM, and comprehensive cropping systems in the north central Idaho area. S (he) will communicate with other Extension specialists, county Extension Educators, commodity groups, industry and appropriate Research Centers in addressing current and future research needs.
In cooperation with University of Idaho Specialists, other Extension Educators and governmental agencies, the Extension Educator will plan, develop, implement, and report educational programs in small grains and cropping systems. The Extension Educator will, with direction from local advisory committees, develop and facilitate collaborative educational and applied research programs that meet clientele needs. S(he) will evaluate and report program impacts. The educator will provide technology transfer from the University of Idaho to clientele and provide agricultural expertise to the small grains cropping systems team.
Programs will be delivered through classes, workshops, demonstrations, volunteer training sessions, and other methods as appropriate. The educator will prepare articles for local and regional newspapers and participate in or provide information for radio and TV programs upon request.
- Masterís of Science Degree in agronomy, plant science or related discipline by date of hire.
- Course work and field experience in agronomy and related areas.
- Ability to demonstrate professional and technical competency in agronomy and pest management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with groups, such as advisory groups, councils, coalitions and committees.
- Experience managing multiple and varied tasks.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with individuals and groups.
- Knowledge, skill and experience in the use of computers for educational programming and data management.
- The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel and to participate in evening and weekend programs.
- The candidate must be able to pass a background check.
- Experience working in Extension as an Educator or Specialist
- Work experience in field crop research
The beginning salary will be commensurate with degree, experience and qualifications. UI employee benefits include medical and dental insurance, sick and annual leave, life insurance, and institution supported optional retirement plan.
To apply, complete the application on-line at www.uidaho.edu/humanresources, Applicant Tracking System, Current Job Openings. Submit the following materials:
- A letter of application clearly stating how one's experience and qualifications have prepared applicant for the position as outlined above. Please also address the required and desired qualifications of the position.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of reference.
- College transcripts of all college/university courses.
Request Additional Information From:
Michael E. Howell, Northern District Director
UI Extension System, 1031 N. Academic Way, Suite 242, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814
Ph: 208-292-2522 -- Fax: 208-292-2535 -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Counselor:
Charity Buchert, Personnel Services Coordinator
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, P.O. Box 442335, Moscow, Idaho 83844-2335
Ph: 208-885-0168 -- Fax: 208-885-4719 -- email@example.com
Non-electronic materials may be mailed to 1000 W Hubbard, Ste 145, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814.
For additional information about the University of Idaho and the Idaho Cooperative Extension System, visit http://www.uidaho.edu/extension.